Sunday, September 28, 2008

Up and Down and 'Round and 'Round

The first draft of this post was... well it wasn't me. Or at least not who I want to be. It detailed the past week, with it's heartaches and tears, and contained more complaints than I would like to admit. As I was re-reading it for grammatical mistakes I found myself bored. So please take it as a personal compliment that I'm rewritting it! :-)

Although this week was a hard one, I'm purposefully going to concentrate on the good things that have occured...

First, our work at La Duqueza (aka the garbage dump) was the highlight of the week. It was so nice to sweat and participate in hard, meaningful work. Unfortunetly, our return trip that was planned for Thursday was cancelled because both of Jackie's cars are broken. PLEASE be praying that they get fixed because we can't work without them!! There is a lot of supplies that need to go to the dump and to another community that Jackie works with, but we have no way of getting there!

In other news, the apartment is a sure thing!! We signed the papers yesterday and paid two deposits (the first and last month's rent). There's still a bit more paperwork to be completed this week and another payment that must be made before the apartment is officially mine, but the move-in date has been set for October 3rd!! PRAISE THE LORD!!

Starting tomorrow I hope to have a more regular schedule for my work at Jackie's House. The plan is that I will be picked up by 8 a.m. and will spend the rest of the morning bathing the children who are confined to wheelchairs. After lunch I hope to start some classes and find other activites to keep the kids and myseslf occupied. Sounds easy enough on paper (or in this case, on screen) but PLEASE pray for this as well. The organization of this entire country works in a choatic, spur of the moment sort of way, so the easy things are easiest are usually the most complicated.

But as always, I'll keep you posted!!

1 comment:

Jason and Rachael Capp said...

Sorry to hear it was a tough week, Tater. We'll be praying for you, and thank you for even being honest that it was hard. That's the kind of stuff we need to know what to pray for. Lots of love!