Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Clarification

After I posted the first update, informing all of you that I will be returning to the States in March, I received many replies containing messages of support, encouragement and promised prayers. I want to thank each of you for your messages of love - I truly treasure the fact that God has blessed me with so many loving and caring people.

The last several months here have been filled with emotional and spiritual battles and I was beginning to question how much more my heart could take. Living here has been difficult on many levels and the leadership team and members of the Church have stood by me through it all, giving me their full support as we undertook this missions effort. My struggle here has become so great that when the opportunity to ome home was presented, I was both releived, prayerfully at peace, and grateful.

I am still committed to doing what God has called me to do. I am committed to continuing to serve the church in its missions effort in anyway that I can. Only this time, I will be doing it from much more familiar surroundings.

I will be returning to the US in March and I couldn't be happier with the decision. I am excited about what God will do in the future with me, with CUMC, with missions, and with YOU!

As we move together on this next step I ask that you would continue to pray for God's will to be done and for His name to receive all the glory.

"The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent." John 6:29

No comments: