Friday, October 17, 2008

Broadcasting Live...

FROM MY OWN HOUSE!!


That's right, the time has finally arrived and I'm in the apartment!!


I'm dead tired because I spent ALL day cleaning, organizing, and unpacking, but as I look around, it feels good to know that everything's where it should be. I know many of you have been praying for me over the past month and a half, and I'd like to take this opportunity to say thank you - Not only because I'm all settled into the missionary house, but because my heart, spirit, and health are all in a good place.


I'm still trying to establish a working schedule but it is incredibly hard when Satan is doing everything possible to sabotage God's work. Jackie still doesn't have a functional vehicle and we've been unable to work in the communities for nearly a month. However, God is still moving mightily in her home because the conjunctivitis is nearly gone and last week, seven new kids were brought to her!! They range in age from 2 months - 10 years old. Although Jackie says they're adjusting well, all of them came with severe health problems including autism, hyperactivity, bronchitis, malnutrition, and one little boy is blind in one eye.


Please pray for these babies and the mothers that gave them away. All the women are prostitutes. God's presence is needed so desperately here! But I know that nothing is impossible and that He longs to move mightily in this place. To Him be the glory, forever and ever. Amen.


pictures of the apartment:


1 comment:

Jason and Rachael Capp said...

Truly happy for you, Tash. And keep up the good work. We really enjoy reading your posts, so thanks for the updates!